Optimisation & Efficiency
Ever increasing property and energy costs, plus the demands of the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC), have propelled data centre efficiency to the top of the IT agenda.
Our continual focus on optimisation delivers datacentre and computer room designs which:
- improve operating efficiency
- optimise space utilisation
- reduce energy costs
- reduce carbon footprint (and therefore associated CRC charges)
Our designs are built on a strong understanding of best practice in data centre cooling, including air flows, hot and cold aisle configuration, equipment rack and containment design, and server utilisation.
We can help you identify where:
- fewer machines might be needed (reducing hardware, software and maintenance costs at a stroke)
- physical layout can be re-configured for improved performance and / or energy efficiency
- server set up can be re-configured for enhanced manageability and security
- servers could support multiple operations, reducing idle time and improving infrastructure operating performance.